Replacement / Payment / Assembly / Shipping / Return Policy
Broken Parts Replacement
You will work with a natural material that is nice to the touch. The high quality plywood is sufficiently durable, although sometimes you may need a few spare parts. If you need extra spare parts, the most convenient way is to fill out this application form at https://ugearsmodels.com/request-for-additional-parts.html The Ugears team will send the requested spare parts to the address provided in your requested form free of charge in an envelope by post from Europe.
You don't need a PayPal account to pay with PayPal. You can pay with your own credit card right away.
- Do I need to cut parts out of the boards ?
No, details are already cut and you should just press them out of the board.
- What are the advices on assembly ?
If you hold the board with its front side directed to you, it is better to remove the parts by pulling them. In this case, if a burr is pulled together with a part, it will make a pit in the board, not in the part. The best solution is to incise the hangers with a knife. If you have difficulties in inserting a toothpick in the assembled gearwheel, rub the toothpick with a candle. You may also lubricate all the projecting axes of the gearwheels before installing them on the frame. In this case the friction during rotation will be minimal. Try to remove big burrs on the gearwheels, if any. The motion of some models is very delicate, and they may hinder it. If any gearwheel creaks or squeaks, lubricate it with a regular candle: paraffin or wax. If the plywood edge is too resinous and some teeth tend to seize, which happens quite rarely, lubricate the gearwheel in the same manner.
- Is it possible to paint the model ?
Yes, you can paint it. We recommend to use watercolor, gouache or mordant. Acrylic paint is also possible, but slightly thicker layer might interfere the gears movement.
- What do I need to assemble a model?
There are wooden axis (standard toothpick 65 * 2 mm)provided in each set. What is not given in the set are pen knife and ordinary candle wax or paraffin.
- Can children construct or build the UGEARS models?
We definitely can say that a child of 14 years old can assemble our models. Sometimes he will need parents’ help. Our mission is to unite children and their parents.
Once payment is cleared, we will post out the package within 1-2 working days (exclude Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays) and the tracking number will be updated once posted out. The shipping rates will be charged according to weight and will be shown during checkout.
Below are the shipping methods available. The rates will be charged according to weight and will be shown during checkout.
1) Qxpress with tracking number (2-3 working days)
2) Self collection at Woodlands 11, #08-33, S737853.
- Malaysia & Brunei
Via Registered Air Mail Service (Singpost / DHL eCommerce) and customers will expect to receive the packages with 5-10 working days if no custom delay.
- Other countries
Via Registered Air Mail Service (Singpost / DHL eCommerce) and customers will expect to receive the packages with 9-17 working days if no custom delay.
Please contact us if your country is not inside our country list and we can set it up in the system within 24 hours for you to make a purchase.
- You may return the purchased items to us only due to PRODUCT DEFECT within 14 working days for REPLACEMENT. Below are the Term and Conditions:
- Returned item must be in its original condition.
- 14 working days are counted from the date you receive the merchandise. This date will be indicated on the Delivery Notice.
- Buyer will be responsible for any charges incurred in returning the item back to us.
- Delivery charges are non refundable.
- Prior to any return, please contact us for justification.